Imagine you’ve just come up with a great idea to engage your team. It’s smart, it’s insightful and you really believe your team will take to it like a duck to water. Now you’re in the team meeting and you’re sharing your idea, the team is open and receptive. You get their approval, their nods and words of encouragement like, “Great idea, let’s try this” and “this should work”. It starts off with a bang, everyone’s in for the first few days… but a week later are right back to old habits. If only there was one or two more people in the team that had the same passion and knowledge for business improvement and had the initiative and drive to keep it going.
One exercise in our business strategy Assessment-Roadmap-Coaching ARC is to have you ask these key questions:
- Identity: Who are we?
- Focus: Are we doing the right things?
- People: Are the right people doing the right things?
- Process: Are we doing the right things well?
Many of our clients work on either the Identify or Focus elements with us in Business Strategic Planning or on the Process element driving productivity and growth.
But quite often the People element is most critical to actually seeing results and success.
In order to grow your business you will need the right people doing the right things.
More importantly, as an organization you need to identify where the strengths are in skillsets and where there are gaps. And instead of jumping to the need for hiring someone new, consider how to better utilize existing skillsets and growing certain individuals into new roles or responsibilities.
The GO Productivity team is here to help. When we conduct the ARC (Assessment, Roadmap, Coaching) with you to generate the plan, we are also emotionally invested and want to see your organization grow and optimize over time.
In order to help define and support your People element to achieve your targeted growth and optimization plans, GO Productivity offers the following services:
On-Going Coaching – to facilitate your growth plan while building internal capabilities
- Customized to your needs; from extremely simple regular calls with your GO champion, to more intentional facilitation of your new innovation programs, continuous improvement or other transformational programs.
- ‘What’s in it for us?’ – Growth and Optimization is what we do 7 days a week, and you can access that experience at a fraction of the cost of hiring a full time specialist. The GO team will facilitate the growth of the identified key people in needed skillsets until they can do it on their own sustainably.
Training – to help build your internal capabilities
- Lean Six Sigma is our backbone methodology and therefore we encourage organizations to have their champions of change to go through Yellow Belt or Green Belt levels of certification.
- ‘What’s in it for us?’ – Having internal capabilities to make data-based decisions, to design and implement improvement projects, to have specific skills that will execute your vision and business objectives and ultimately GROW YOUR BUSINESS.
Do you want to hear more about how on-going coaching and training could help your organization? Contact us today email@example.com, or call (780) 471 7060.